Friday, March 23, 2012

Lucky Seven Meme

I knew it was inevitable, and sure enough, I was tagged by Lori M. Lee and Laura Lee Nutt to participate in the Lucky Seven Meme.


The Lucky 7 Meme Rules
• Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
• Go to line 7
• Copy down the next 7 lines--sentences or paragraphs--and post them as they're written. No cheating.

So here we are without further ado, seven lines from the first draft of my ya scifi adventure. Emphasis on first draft.

I hear rustling, then Dad’s muffled voice. “Not yet.” It’s like Christmas morning when he goes downstairs first to see if Santa’s come. But I’m pretty sure there are no presents up there. There’s more rustling and a few grunts before Dad’s masked face appears over the hatch. “All clear.”
I’m a bit wobbly when I reach the top – it’s the first time I’ve exerted myself in weeks, and my heavy new clothes aren’t helping.

I swear it makes more sense in context... Everyone probably says that :)

If you wanna play, consider yourself tagged.

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

Laura S. said...

This has been a fun meme throughout the blogosphere! No one's makes sense out of context, and that's what makes it so fascinating. It's a teaser and you want to know more!

Hope you have a great weekend, Bluestocking!

Lori M. Lee said...

YAY! I admit I was totally hoping you'd post from your SF :D I can't wait to read this!

Elizabeth Twist said...

Intriguing! Now I want to know what your story is about. I've been tagged, but have yet to post.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Hmmmm...I wish you were supposed to post 9 sentences...So we could have a few more clues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...