Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New Story Rush

This week I’ve been fortunate enough to have two new story ideas take over.

One’s been percolating for awhile, and I finally got around to working on it this week. As I talked about in Story Stew, I find the longer I wait to write something, the better it is when I actually sit down and write. My unconscious mind has worked it over pretty good by then and at least in the case of this story, there’s a lot of territory to mine.

The other story was more spur of the moment. I read a recent article, and bam! Plot bunny.


And of course, this is all on top of the novel I’m revising and the other two short stories I’ve been tinkering with. Not to mention more projects in the queue.

It never ends. And that’s what makes being a writer awesome.

I’m sure my excitement with these two new stories will fade, but for now, I’m enjoying the rush.

Happy writing this week!

5 comments:

Chris East said...

When I shifted my focus to novels a few years ago, I was convinced I'd never write another short story. But I was wrong: I still write them, but only when they force me to! It's a nice feeling when that inspiration hits. Have fun rolling with it!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Yay for new ideas! I'm a bit off my game right now. I tried to start a couple new picture books yesterday and the "ideas" are good, but my writing was terrible. But it's a bit hard to focus when your kiddo just had her wisdom teeth out.

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. (Can't remember your email address, so I couldn't reply in private.) I downloaded your story in the anthology yesterday. :)

Jen said...

What a great feeling!! Ride that wave as long as you can. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

Laura S. said...

I work on multiple projects at the same time, too. It keeps up my motivation, and my writing feels fresh and exciting.

Have fun with your new ideas!

Deborah Walker said...

That's awesome. I love that feeling. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...